Sunday, March 16, 2014

we're here!

After leaving home more than 24 hours before arrival, I'm finally here.  It looks like it might rain (how unusual for a rainforest).  Reflections to date:  amazed that the plane was completely full and relatively quiet for 10+ hours.  Ghanaians have a different concept of personal space and like to push.  Customs was relatively quick but now my fingerprints and mug shot are on file in Ghana.  The mall where we stopped for phones etc would be right at home in any American city.  Above is a picture of one of many street hawkers on the journey to the hotel.  One so much wants to help but we have been warned not to buy/ eat anything "fresh".  Our hotel Paloma is comfortable enough and even has air conditioning.  I know you have all been worried for my comfort.  I'm sitting at an outside cafe and yes, I have used my bug spray.  You can certainly see examples of globalization here in the diet coke I had for supper and Puma at the mall.  Can't wait to indulge in the real Ghanaian experience beginning tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to Ghana! So glad you made it safely! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev:
    You are being prayed for by more people than you can imagine. May you enjoy being blessed as you continue to faithfully bless others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even from this one post, I'm already getting a good picture of Ghana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I guess globalization does spread fast. Who would have guessed?

    ReplyDelete