Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Taste and See. .......... The Lord is Good

God is indeed good.  Today I wanted to share a few of the sights and tastes of my day in Takoradi.  Words are not sufficient to describe the food we have the opportunity to eat on a daily basis.  Acouple of tnings of note:  Ghanaians are very gracious people and this includes the portions in their meals.  It seems as if I leave almost half of my portions at every meal.  Also, the food is tastier than I expected.  I'd never tried Ghanaian good but expected a lot of spicy pepper.  While that is available, most of or meals have had chicken, fish or even goat.  Contrary to a previous post, goat can be very tender and tasty when prepsred properly ( although I doubt anyone will get me to ever try thst hot pepper soup :(  ).  What Ido miss, however, are desserts ( even just once in a while) so sweet fried plantains have had to suffice.Since I can't really share the tastes of Ghana, the sights will have to suffice.
Ghana is a country blessed by God in many ways: from the beauty of its people, both in heart and in spirit, to the richness of its resources to thenatural beauty of the rainforest and the sea--God is indeed good.  Much needs to be done to help Ghana grow and develop, but that is a topic for another time.  For now:

TASTE and SEE GHANA 


Mango tree on campus, not ripe for several weeks.


Panorama of Takoradi Harbor, the economic base of much of the area shipping out natural resources including bauxite and cacao.


Takoradi Beach, beautiful Atlantic Ocean, although many Ghanaians don't swim


Many places on Ghana advertize for Christ simply in their names.


I'm actually eating ground nut soup with my fingers at above chop shop.


Ground nut soup has a spicy peanutty broth with goat, tilapia, and fufu--mashed, cooked cassava and plantains.  Despite its appearance it was delicious.

6 comments:

  1. Every time I show my students pictures of food on teachers' blogs, we all get hungry :) Looks like you're having a yummy experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every single blog post makes me wish I was there!!!! You are experiencing so many of the same things Randy and I experienced in Rwanda. Even without desserts, I bet your time is going by way too quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel P
    So far, the food looks excellent and I really appreciate the title of the restaurant. Not something that you see in America.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This food looks so delicious! I wish had fun exotic food in our country. You should pick some mangoes if you can and bring them back for us us to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good except for the part about lots of spicy pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just how big are these portions? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete